Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday's Get Legs

Today was rough.

Anyone who has ever met me, or even just followed me on Instagram, knows that I am an all-out animal lover; especially dogs. I have a princess (I mean black lab) named Penny and she is just about my whole entire world. She is literally the perfection in dog form.

She is a year and a half old, and on her first birthday I found out that she has a slight heart murmur. We have tried to hold off on treatment to see if it would go away on its own, but today I found out that it has gotten a little worse. My poor girl had to be sedated (she has anxiety) to get an x-ray, which revealed a slightly enlarged right-side heart. :(

I needed to pick up my sad, sedated, confused girl and took her home for some rest. I knew if I sat and watched her I would cry, so before I got her, off to the gym I went.

My personal trainer boyfriend is in town so he co-wrote this leg day.

Warmup: Decline Leg Press (90lbs) 2x10

Decline Leg Press (140lbs) 3x12 (New PR; 140lbs 3x12)

Two-Legged Barbell Deadlifts (40, 60, 90lbs) 3x12 (New PR; 90lbs x 12)
 

One-Legged DB Deadlifts (40lbs) 3x12

Calf Raises on Barbell Plate (40lbs) 2x20
Awkward right leg way bigger than the left
Since I got the call that Penny was ready to be picked up, we decided to skip cardio. No regrets.

Tomorrow is an off day, and a WOLFPACK GAME DAY! Go Pack!

A

PS: If you don't mind, please keep my puppy in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment