Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tuesday's Shoulders

10 days 'til the beach!

I learned today that I have zero shoulders. My chest goes straight into my bicep, apparently. It sucks being the one lifting with almost the lightest weight in the gym but I keep reminding myself that even the greatest, most fit people in the world had to start somewhere.

Going to the gym with my roommate is a great encourager, because, well, she's way better than me. She has been my teacher, motivator, and competitor every time we work out together. If you have someone who will work out with you, take advantage of it.

You know you've found your 'swolemate' (I'm corny, yes) when you can take each other's #gymselfies without even a second thought (and even worse, discuss lighting options).

As usual, today's workout is powered by her (Click for her post on today's workout)

Warmup:  
Alternating Front and lateral raises (7.5lbs) 3x12

Upright Row to Shoulder Press (20lbs) 4x12
One Armed Bent Over Rows (20lbs) 4x12

Superset:
Arnold Press (10lbs) 4x12
Lateral Raises (10lbs) 4x12

Rear Delt Machine (Starting at 30lbs, adding weight each set) 4x12,10,10,8

Burnout Superset:
Around-the-Head Plate Drill (25lbs) 4x10 (5 each direction)
Bus Drivers (10lbs) 4x25


Right
Left




















What even are shoulders? Yay for filters.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment